PROF. DR AMBARISH MATHESUL
MBBS, MS, DNB (Orthopaedics) (KEM Hospital,Parel ,Mumbai) ,
MNAMS (New Delhi )
Fellowship in Spine Surgery
Queen's MC NHS spine Fellowship, Nothngham, UK
AO Spine Fellow (Ganga Hospital,Coimbatore)
Scoliosis Post Doctoral Fellowship, Seoul, South Korea
John Hopkins Fogarty Fellowship, Baltimore USA
Professor and Head Of Unit in Orthopaedics Services
Prof. Dr Ambarish is a accomplished expert spine surgeon performed over 1000 successful spine surgeries. He has learnt the art from some of the great in spine surgery like prof. S Rajasekharan, Dr. prof Sub, Dr Mike Grawit from all over the world.
He has a niche for treating back and neck pain alignments like slipped disc/ spondylolisthes by minimal invasive microscopic methods.
He treats traumatic fracture, spine / infective TB of spine / deformity correction surgeries.
- I have 10 years of surgical experience in the field of Spine Surgery, Complex Trauma andArthroplasty. I am competent in performing Anterior and Posterior exposures to the spine (Traumatic, Infective and Degenerative) and have performed upto 1000 independent spinesurgeries .
- I am adept with the knowledge of a variety of spinal instrumentations.
- I had been actively working and handling the trauma unit of the biggest Orthopaedic Department of the country (King Edward VII Memorial Hospital,Parel,Mumbai).
- I am competent in performing Primary and Complex Trauma (peri articular and intraarticular fractures) , and Total and Hemi Replacement Arthroplasty of Hip.
- I have 8 years of teaching experience, where I have instructed residents and under graduate students. Currently I am Professor and MUHS recognised Undergraduate and Postgraduate Teacher .
- I have presented research papers at several national meetings, and I have ten publications in peerreviewed journals.( National and International Journals ).
- Assistant Professor, 23rd August 2010 to 3rd April 2013
King Edward VII Memorial Hospital, Mumbai
- Assistant Professor, 4th April 2013 to 31ST July 2016 B J Medical College and Sassoon General Hospitals , Pune -1,
- Professor , 01/08/2016 TO TILL DATE B J Medical College and Sassoon General Hospitals , Pune -1,
- Organising Secretary/Chairman Of B J GMC & POS ( Pune Orthopaedic Society) Spine Cadaveric Workshop at B J Govt. Medical College , Pune-1 ,held on 20TH OCTOBER 2019
- Faculty at APSS –BSS course 2020 AT Mumbai ,Cadaveric Cervical Spine Workshop 2020.
- Faculty at BOS Advanced Cervical Spine Course and Workshop 2017,2018,2019.
- Faculty at BOS (Bombay Orthopaedic Society) Spine Workshop 2014 ,held at KEM Hospital ,Parel,Mumbai -12 India.
- Organising Secretary Of POS ( Pune Orthopaedic Society ) Spine Cadaveric Workshop at B J Govt. Medical College , Pune-1 ,held on 11 January 2015.
- Organising Member – International Arthroscopy Academy Meet ,Mumbai-13.
- Editorial Board Member – Journal Of Medical Thesis (JMT), Mumbai
- Reviewer – Journal of Orthopaedic Case Reports. (JOCR), Official Publication Of The Indian Orthopaedic Research Group.
- MUHS ( Maharashtra University Of Health Sciences ) recognised Undergraduate and Post Graduate teacher In MS ( Orthopaedics )
- INTERNATIONAL Spine Fellowship at Korea University Guro Hospital, Seoul, South Korea under Dr Professor Suh. Chairman ,Department Of Orthopaedics and Chief , Scoliosis and Spine Research Centre, Guro Hospital. From Jan 2013 to March 2013 .
- AO SPINE FELLOWSHIP at Ganga Hospital ,Coimbatore Under Prof .Dr S. Rajasekaran. March 2016.
- Nottingham Sine Fellowship ,UK ,Nottingham under Prof Mike Grewit ,2018
- John Hopkins Fogarty Fellowship 2017.
- Atur Foundation Scholarship for First In First MBBS in B J Medical College.
- Silver Medal for First in Anatomy in MUHS, Nashik.
- Distinctions in the subjects of ENT, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology, Anatomy, Physiology and Biochemistry.
- Ranked 6th – Maharashtra State Post Graduate Entrance Exam 2006-07
- E Poster Presentation At ASSICON 2015, Pune on – Assessment Of Spine Injuries In A Tertiary Care Hospital .
- Silver Medal for First in Anatomy in MUHS, Nashik.
- Presented paper at WIROC 2010 on ” Magnetic Resonance Imaging For Early Evaluation Of Periprosthetic Osteolysis Five Years Or More After Total Knee
Arthroplasty – A series of 22 cases”.
- Presented paper at ISHKS 2012 (Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgery) on – Mechanical Axis Restoration – Does It Predict a Good Clinical Result in TKA.
International and National
- Vaidya SV, Arora A, Mathesul AA. Effect of total knee arthroplasty on type II diabetes mellitus and hypertension: A prospective study . Indian J Orthop 2013;47:72-6
- Vaidya SV, Mathesul AA, Panghate AN, Wade R, Sonawane DV. Bilateral multiligament injury of knee caused by entangled dupatta. Indian J Orthop 2012; 46:239-41.
- Ambarish Mathesul, Dhiraj Vitthal Sonawane, Varun K. Chouhan, Isolated Tarsal
Navicular Fracture Dislocation: A Case Report. Foot Ankle Spec.2012, Jun; 5(3):185-7.
- Mathesul AA, Sonawane DV, Nemade PS, Biraris SR. A rare cause of Cauda equina
syndrome: Epidural high grade primary non-Hodgkin lymphoma. Clin Cancer
Investig J 2013;2:70-2
- Chouhan V, Agrawal K, Vinothkumar TK, Mathesul A. Bilateral insufficiency fracture of the femoral head and neck in a case of Oncogenic Osteomalacia. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2010 Jul; 92(7):1028-31.
- Sonawane DV, Jagtap SA, Mathesul AA, Rathod TN. Psoas abscess like metastasis mimicking Koch’s spine. Clin Cancer Investig J 2012;1:103-5.
- Sonawane DV, Jagtap SA, Mathesul AA. Intradural extramedullary capillary hemangioma of lower thoracic spinal cord. Indian J Orthop 2012;46:475-8 .
- Bhise SD, Mathesul AA, Deokate P, Chandanwale AS, Bartakke GD. Late prevertebral abscess with sinus following anterior cervical corpectomy and fusion. Asian J Neurosurg 2015;10:272-6. Corresponding and Second Author.
- Fibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressiva In A Family – Report Of Three Cases. First Author. Medical Journal Of Western India, June 2015.
- Mathesul A, Deokate P, Chandanwale A, Bhise S, Daniel S. Pattern of Medical, Surgical and Orthopedic Disorders during Annual Pandharpur Wari Pilgrimage. Int JSci Stud 2016;4(7):131-136.
- Mathesul A, Daniel S, Chandanwale A, Bhise S. Evaluation of Non-contiguous Spine Fractures and Extraspinal Injuries in Spine Fracture Patients: A Prospective Study. Int J Sci Stud 2016;4(8):38-42.
- AO Spine (Bronze member)
- ASSI.(Association Of Spine Surgeons Of India)
- AO Trauma (Bronze member)
- Bombay Orthopaedic Society (BOS).
- SICOT, Germany.
- Poona Orthopaedic Society.
- BOS Spine Workshop 2014,Mumbai.
- ASSICON 2015, Pune ,Goa.
- MISSICON 2015,Mumbai.
- AO Trauma Principles Course, June 2011, Mumbai.
- AO Spine Principles Course, July 2012, Hyderabad.
- AO Spine Advances in Spine, July 2012, Bangalore.
- Western India Regional Orthopaedic Conference 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, Mumbai
- Annual Meeting, Indian Society of Hip and Knee Surgery, Hyderabad 2011, 2012.
- Sub investigator in International Clinical Trial of a drug molecule for fracture healing in tibia shaft fracture at KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai-12, and Conducted by Pfizer Company.
CLINICAL RESEARCH (ONGOING)
- Does mechanical axis restoration predict good clinical outcome after TKR – A follow up of 10 years.
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging For Early Evaluation Of Periprosthetic Osteolysis Five Years Or More After Total Knee Arthroplasty.
- Assessment of resident working patterns in a tertiary care hospital.